San Jose State University : Site Name
Website Builder Help
The XStandard Text Editor is a visual text editor which gives you a MS Word-like toolbar allowing you to format your content without the knowledge of HTML
- Must be used with Enhanced Mode.
- Download XStandard WYSIWYG plug-in
- XStandard installs as a plugin on the following Operating System/Browser combination
- Windows Vista: IE 7.X , Firefox 2.X, Firefox 3.X
- Windows XP: IE 6.X, IE 7.X , Firefox 2.X, Firefox 3.X
- OS X: Firefox 2.X, Firefox 3.X
- XStandard creates valid HTML code in the background
- XStandard in itself is not completely accessible (not keyboard friendly), and is therefore available for Enhanced Mode.
- If you copy & paste non-valid HTML code into XStandard, it will not allow you to save your changes until the HTML has been fixed and validated.
- If you HTML is invalid, XStandard will offer to fix the code for you.
- Use the Fix option with caution. XStandard may delete your content in the process.
XStandard User Guide
XStandard Knowledge Base
- When embedding a YouTube clip, XStandard will not validate. To get around this, replace all ampersand "&" characters in the code with its HTML equivalent - "&"
- For example:
should be changed to:
Mac OSX: Firefox/Safari
- XStandard tends to crash the Firefox and Safari browsers. There is currently no known solution to this issue. Be sure to save your work constantly.
MS Word 2007(PC) and MS Word 2008 (Mac)
- It is a known issue that users who copy content from MS Word 2007/08 will not be able to paste into the text editor. There is currently no known solution to this issue.